Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Happy Easter

Easter was a fun weekend for the Hendricks clan. Ethan got mom up at his usual 6:30AM wakeup time (he's such a good baby--goes to sleep at 7PM without a fight and wakes up happy at 6:30AM). Ethan was surprised to see that The Easter Bunny brought him a gigantic yellow chick and a new Thomas the Train book (with sounds). Later that day we went to church where he heard the choir singing during the service. He was a very good listener for the first 45 minutes. After that, he decided that he wanted to sing too and mom had to whisk him off to the parents/baby room in the back.

Now he is almost nine months old (can you believe it!) and rolling over multiple times in a row. He shifts directions and scoots a bit too. His crib used to be a safe place. I could lay him in it and know that he would be in the exact same position for awhile. Now it seems like a hazard zone. Here's a picture of him after 15 minutes of squirming before falling asleep. I swear that I laid him in the middle of his crib with the blanket tucked around his waist and the stuffed animal in the corner. Notice that he loves his blankets--hence the stuffing it in his mouth and falling asleep. This morning I caught him trying to untie the straps of his sheet protector. We rejoice in his activeness yet think longingly of the days when he was relatively immobile.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to laugh because Jack used to suck on his blaknet too! Except he would only suck on the corners. Bad was the night mom rounded all the corners off the blanket! Ethan sure is getting big and I can't believe he's 9 months already - almost 10 now!

12:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home