
So here we are. Ethan is almost four months old and Heath is down with his fourth cold. Now you

other moms out there must tell me if it is normal for a husband to develop a new cold every 31/2 weeks since the birth of the child. I think he has a bad case of Neglected Husband-itis. I made some homemade italian pasta dish last night just for him. He is magically cured today.
Heath is a
very hands-on dad. He reads books, goes on walks and outings, and even (gasp!) sings songs. Here he is a few weeks back holding our little linebacker.
Our cold snap ended, it became 80 degrees for a few days and then dropped down to 50 last week. Now it's back to cold again. This means that I usually end up overbundling Ethan. He just stares at me with rapt confusion and calmly accepts whatever outlandish outfit I give him.

We have a lot to look forward to these next two weeks. Ethan had his 3-4 month photoshoot on Monday. It went very well. We were able to coax a few charming smiles. Most of the shots were with him eating his fists and gazing up at us with perfectly round eyes. We are looking forward to Turkey Day, which is heralded by Friendsgiving--the famous annual

gathering at Katie's house. We are also looking forward to our favorite New Yorker, Lisa, arriving in a few days. I also get to do something which I'm totally thrilled about. I am speaking in front of a group of soon-to-be adoptive couples about our experience and helping them confront their fears about an open adoption. Yay! All of you know how much I love talking as evidenced by the existance of this blog.
Here's a bonus pic of Ethan staring down his toy turtle. He also loves his mobile, which depicts toy bugs.
1 Comments:
Yay! I got a mention on Ethan's web site! And I didn't even know it. Nor did I know that you had updated it so frequently - or at all! - and so I'm glad that you sent me the link. I miss you guys so much and I can't believe how big Ethan is getting now (or that it's been 9 months since I've seen him). Thanks for posting so many pics, and for posting the wedding pics, and for being my friends. I love you all and I miss you terribly.
6:43 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home