Thursday, December 07, 2006

November News

It's been awhile since my last post, so thanks for being so patient. Ethan happily celebrated his first Thanksgiving. I spent the better part of the day cooking and baking our Thanksgiving feast only to serve him...formula! Thankfully, he found it tasty and didn't complain. His daddy enjoyed the good food though and we've been eating leftovers ever since. Katie joined us (yay!) and Ethan as always enjoyed seeing his Auntie Katie again. We enjoyed our first evening out as a threesome at Sus's winetasting birthday bash. Ethan slept peacefully, while the rest of us shared a little wine and a lot of stories. Thanks, Sus, for letting us test are ability to go out in the evenings at your event. Ethan also got to enjoy more female company at Marcelle's Holiday Cookie Exchange party last Sunday. He seemed content as we passed him around like a 17lb. hot potato. Since then, I've been working on shedding the three pounds of cookie calories by running daily. We're looking at getting a jogging stroller, so if anyone has suggestions on what to buy, please let me know. I've been cooking more and Ethan loves sitting (with propping) in the kitchen and watching me cook. Even more so, he loves grocery shopping. Target and Safeway are his all-time favorite places. He is also fond of Crate & Barrel. Every time we shop, I give him a little narrative. I feel a little foolish showing him ordinary things like carrots and bananas (in the store), but I figure that every moment is a learning moment. Baby has started eating rice cereal a few days ago. He really enjoys the mushy texture. Since then he has watched in rapt fascination as I eat my morning cereal and Heath eats his toast. Everyday, we eagerly look forward to this new feeding experience. It must be wonderful to enjoy eating new foods with such gusto. Seeing the world through his eyes, gives us a new perspective.

1 Comments:

Blogger cls1974 said...

Merry Christmas and Happy new Year to you guys! I'm a bit concerned with the over-exposure to shopping - this can do permanent damage to a young man!

Hope you guys aren't buried in the snow and that you have a great 2007 with your little guy!

Chris & Kelly & Kyle

12:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home