We are now a Forever Family!
It's official. Ethan's adoption is finalized. We went with our attorney to the Clear Creek County courthouse in Georgetown to our finalization hearing on May 17th. Heath and I had to raise our right hands and solemnly swear...and say, "I do". The judge and attorney asked us a series of questions about Ethan and our parenting. Then the judge proclaimed us fit parents and gave his authorization. Afterwards we took a few pictures. It felt like a wedding ceremony minus the fancy outfits.
We are now focusing on selling our current home and moving to a new home in Denver. Ethan doesn't seem to care where we live as long as he is loved. He is a powerful sitter unless he stubbornly decides he's had enough. Then he flings himself backward and stiffens his body so that I can't bend him. He's also taken to wriggling and army crawling. My mom and dad (lola and lolo - Filipino for Grandma and Grandpa) are currently visiting. They cannot get enough of the little guy. Mom's goal is to get him to full-on crawl by the end of her visit. She asked me to bet her $1K (yeah, like either of us have that kind of cash) if she can get him to say "A, B, C, D, ..." I told her that if she can get him to say the alphabet and change his own diaper I'll pay up. Then, I'll send in his application for early enrollment into Harvard--oops Katie! I mean Yale--now. It was a fun hypothetical bet.
Ethan has also sprouted his two bottom teeth. We're glad to see his progress. However, I just love those gummy smiles.
I'll post more pics in the next day or two.

1 Comments:
How amazingly wonderful that the adoption is final! Congratulations to the three of you! Ethan is growing up so fast and I always look forward to seeing all the cute pics :)
12:01 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home